Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Brunch Menu







My family will be attending a brunch on Sunday at Grandmaman's (my husband's mom),  followed by an Easter dinner at Nana's (my mom). Both will serve ham...god help us! Yes we will remember to drink lots of water! I have been asked to bring nothing for the brunch, and so like a true Quebecer I will bring wine, which will be white, and Easter candy for nieces. For the dinner I will be bringing a Lime Charlotte Mousse and a bottle of white as well.

Tomorrow, Saturday, we are hosting a little brunch ourselves for a few friends who will be nowhere near family for this holiday weekend.

Easter Brunch Menu
  • Crepes with maple syrup, raspberry coulis and or chocolate sauce
  • Croissant with raspberry jam
  • Individual eggs baked in oven in a muffin tin with a pancetta layer, a red pepper layer an egg layer and then finally cheese. I'll write that one out when I've made it and post it for next time.
  • Creton (with no MSG or preservatives)
  • Sausage (caseless and preservative free)
  • Homemade bakes beans (not from my home but from a bakery)
  • Melon slices
  • Juices, coffee and tea
A friend will be bringing fruit.

Crêpe recipe
  • 1 1/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 egg
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
  • In a bowl mix all ingredients well with a whisk and let batter rest at room temperature (about an hour). In a well seasoned crêpe pan or cast iron pan cook crepes 1 at a time. Makes 8 large crêpes.

I want to add my homemade scones to the menu but I just do not think I will have time to get it all ready by 11am with the kids and all. Update: I did have the time and they turned out well! The recipe I used is Classic Currant Scones from Joy of cooking. The recipe link brings you to Classic scones which is the same recipe minus currants. Add a 1/2 cup of currants or raisins before you add wet ingredients.

And classic to any holiday celebration where photos will be taken : my daughter fell face first into a table Thursday (she is fine), but she has one of the worst bruises I have ever seen. We have been calling her Rocky.

Miss Bruisy McGee and brother... Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have an email address? Just curious, I'm a student food photographer. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My email adress is tiffanyrieder@sympatico.ca. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Printer friendly