Friday, May 29, 2009

Rhubarb pie



Today I am tallying receipts for work in Excel for most of the afternoon before I go and pick up my kids. Basic accounting is the least glamorous side of food styling. Still accounting is a nice non physical activity and it is about all I can manage today. Bizarrely when I woke up this morning I was having trouble walking. My Achilles tendons were so sore. It dawned on me that being in bumper to bumper traffic on the 15 north, starting in Montreal ending around Mirabel where I was finally able to go above 30 km, is what did it. I drive a standard and was on and off the clutch, breaks and gaz so many times I guess I strained my ankles? Pretty sad stuff. Driving is the least physical of what I do so I had better get back to yoga which I have missed twice because of work.

I have decided that sitting at a desk pouring over receipts should be rewarded with a little pie! So how about this delicious Rhubarb pie recipe. I bypassed pre-baking the crust due to lack of time and it is not soggy. I also spread the streusal topping evenly over the pie as opposed to what the recipes asks. I like this one rustic and not too played with. If you do not have tapioca try corn starch. I also used pecans instead of walnuts.


I also have to include a few pictures of my crab apple and apple blossoms. I wait for them every year and they make me very happy. They are my favorite thing about where we live and I feel very lucky to have so many beautiful old trees on my property.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer friendly