Thursday, February 3, 2011

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting



Here is a recipe for the best Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting I have ever made or tasted. I gleaned it from Canadian Living magazine, who's strong suit seems to be desserts. I made it for my son's seventh birthday, and I had some vanilla chocolate flake ice cream as back up for any kids who recoiled at the idea of vegetables in their cake. There were a few, but most including the parents really loved it. I doubled the recipe and used 2 10 inch cake molds. I would recommend tripling the icing recipe for a layer cake as I had just enough, but could have used a bit more. I also omitted the nuts as children's birthday party's and nuts just do not go together anymore.



Here area few pictures I took this morning after yesterday's snow fall. I trekked out to the compost and realized what a lovely morning it is, and so I came back and took a few pictures of our crab apple tree and surroundings until my fingers went numb and I had to retreat.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer friendly