Here is a refreshing and quick recipe for a lobster roll or sandwich. It is easy these days to purchase lobster pre-cooked at large grocery stores or at fish markets. You can also ask them to cook lobster for you while you are there. Lobster meat is best eaten the same day. Another use for lobster meat is to add it at the last minute to a pasta dish. A creamy pasta sauce with a bit of lemon and chives would do well with chopped lobster meat added at the last minute to heat it through. I would choose angel hair pasta.
- 3 1 lb lobsters, cooked, shelled, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- small pinch lemon zest
- small pinch cayenne pepper or a splash of hot sauce
- lots of pepper
- small pinch sea salt
- 8 slices of bread or 4 large rolls
The bread you see here is a carre au lait from Premiere Moisson which is pretty much the best white loaf out there.