Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake



I decided to make a Pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving this year instead of my usual pumpkin pie.  It is a Canadian Living Magazine recipe, and it is delicious.  If you like your desserts light textured, and creamy this recipe is for you.  It has a texture that is closer to a mousse than cheesecake. My whole family loved it.   I strongly suggest using newly bought fresh ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon, as it makes a real difference. However I would adjust the crust slightly: I would add another 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of butter to the crust, and I would cook the crust 5 minutes longer than the recipe indicates (so 10 minutes total). Otherwise this recipe is perfect.  I think this cake is my new holiday go to recipe.

Check out my older post with a good pumpkin cookie recipe in order to use up any leftover puree.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer friendly