Not much to say in this post. I love scones, and it is pretty obvious. They are not too sweet, and go so well with tea or coffee. Cranberries and oranges are a pleasing combination, and inserting fruit into a scone recipe ups the nutritional content. Enjoy!
Cranberries Orange Scones
Makes: 12 scones
- 500 ml (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 90 ml (6 tablespoons) chilled unsalted butter, in small cubes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vanilla yogurt
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) 35% cream
- 1 large egg
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) orange zest
- 250 ml (1 cup) cranberries (frozen or fresh), halved
- Pre-heat oven to 215C (425F).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the first 4 ingredients together. Drop in butter, and cut into dry ingredients with a pastry blender. In a bowl whisk together yogurt, milk, egg and zest. Fold into dry ingredients until just blended. Add the cranberries, and knead the dough as few times as possible to bring it all together (under 6 if possible). On a lightly floured surface press dough down gently with hands until it is about an inch thick. Cut out scones into desired shapes. Cook for 15 minutes in center of oven. Watch for last 5 minutes to avoid burning.