Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Raspberry Lemon Spelt Coffee Cake



It has been too long!  And to make up for it I should have a spectacular post to compensate, but I offer up instead a humble, yet delicious, coffee cake. What can I say: Food Styling, the career that pays my bills, has kept me very busy these days!  Natural lighting in the early evening brought to us by longer days will help a little.  I do not post if I cannot offer an appealing photo, and I am still not equipped for photo taking with out the light of day. I am working on it.  I hope to go back to my weekly postings now, and am looking forward to the inspiration warmer weather brings!

Raspberry Lemon Spelt Coffee Cake
serves 8-10

  • 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) all purpose flour
  • 125 ml (1/2 cup) spelt flour
  • 125 ml (1/2 cup) white granulated sugar
  • 5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking powder
  • 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) baking soda
  • 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) salt
  • 15 ml (1 tablespoon) lemon zest
  • 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable or canola oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 250 ml (1 cup) vanilla yogurt
  • 250 ml (1 cup) fresh or frozen raspberries
Pre-heat oven to 175 C (350 F). Grease a 1.5 litre (6 cup) bundt pan. Combine the first  6 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to blend.  To a medium bowl add the remaining ingredients, minus the raspberries.  Whisk vigorously to blend.  Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, until just blended, and gently fold in the raspberries. Equally distribute the batter in the bundt pan. Bake the cake in the center of oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer friendly