Until Taco trucks come to the Laurentians we are left to our own devices when a craving for Mexican food strikes. This tomato salsa recipe is a simple fresh recipe that blows store bought salsa out of the water. I often separate this recipe in 2, and add the heat to one bowl so that kids, and the faint of heart do not have to miss out.
- 6 ripe medium tomatoes, seeded, small dice
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) corn kernels
- 1 small vidalia onion, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno, small dice*
- 2,5 ml cayenne or chipolte powder*
- Large pinch ground cumin
- To taste sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Gently toss all ingredients in a bowl, and let salsa sit for 30 minutes before serving (to allow flavors to blend). Serve with tortilla chips, tacos, fajitas or over fried eggs for a special breakfast.