Chocolate peanut butter spelt brownies
(Inspired by Ricardo's Nutella brownies)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) spelt flour
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 2 large eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Nutella or other chocolate spread
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) crunchy natural peanut butter (or smooth + 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C (325F). Line a 20 cm (8x8 inch) square cake pan with parchment paper. Butter the 2 other sides.
- Whisk together spelt flour and salt.
- Beat eggs, chocolate spread, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the butter and mix for 30 seconds. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake in the center of oven for 35-40 minutes until center is set, but not firm. Let cool. Remove from pan and cut into 9 squares.