Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Arugula on Pizza



Too hot to blog...too hot...thump. That's me falling over. There will be no baking in my kitchen today, and tonight food will be cooked outdoors again. But last week in cooler times we enjoyed pizza with arugula (otherwise known as rocket) scattered across the top. I lay the leaves over the pizza when it comes out of the oven and let the arugula wilt a bit. The arugula comes from our garden and its' peppery bite has long made arugula one of my favorite edible leaves. My daughter says its too spicy in a salad, but was happy to eat it over pizza. The tomatoes on this pizza are confit. I have styled a pizza with micro arugula and although the micro greens have less bite they are visually appealing. Baby spinach would also add a nice touch of green if arugula cannot be found.



The pizza dough recipe is my tried and true Joy of Cooking recipe. It makes 2 large pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer friendly