Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Jean-Talon Market, Montreal, Quebec



We spent a gloriously sunny Saturday at the Jean-Talon Market once again. I love bringing my kids and having them be present and involved with our food purchases. They always find some sort of vegetable or fruit that they haven't tried. The market is a long haul for us so it is more of a family event than a regular "let's go buy groceries" everyday occurrence. We seem to be creating new family traditions, because the last three times we brought our kids to the market we ended up having fried calamari, and my daughter's favorite bison sausage on a stick. The visit always ends with a stop at Les Pops popsicle stand.



I have been thinking about food a lot lately (more than usual if possible), and this is in part because of what I have lately been reading and watching. I mentioned the book Slow Death by Rubber Duck last post and now my head is full of Food Inc. the documentary. It's time to try and be even more conscious of what we are eating and what we are feeding our kids. More organic, more local, less meat, but when meat is bought it really needs to be bought from humane producers, and of course less processed foods. It's easy to get side tracked by the busyness of life so I would like to thank Food Inc. for reminding me of what I need to be doing for myself and my family.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer friendly