Friday, February 17, 2012

Dairy free: Carrot Muffins

 

Here is a recipe for carrot muffins that my son thinks is the best muffin recipe in the world. My son has not been to many places or tasted every muffin out there, but I will concede that these muffins are quiet good.  Full of good stuff like spelt flour, flax seeds and of course carrots. They are also so easy to make. I whipped these together in about 5 minutes.  I did use my food processor to grate the carrots which shaves of a bit of time. 


I have been swamped with recipe development lately, and have been cooking up a storm and attached to my computer for the past few weeks.  I am looking forward to a little break from writing and will be back in a studio kitchen Monday and then of to shoot a promotional magazine for 5 days.  I should be wiped and wishing for more recipe development after that.  

 
Dairy Free Carrot Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
  • 180 ml (3/4 cup) all purpose flour
  • 125 ml (1/2 cup) spelt flour
  • 30 ml (2 tbsp) flax seeds
  • 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
  • 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
  • 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
  • 2,5 ml (tsp) baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch nutmeg
  • 75 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
  • 75 ml (1/3 cup) soy milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 180 ml (3/4 cup) brown sugar
  • 125 ml (1/2 cup) raisins
  • 500 ml (2 cups) finely grated carrots
Pre-heat the oven to 180C (350F).

In a medium bowl whisk together the first 9 ingredients. In another medium bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients for 1 minute. Fold the dry into the wet ingredients until just combined. Grease or line a muffin tin with muffin tin liners.  Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter and fill the muffin tins 2/3 full.  Bake in the center of oven for 15 minutes or until center of a muffin springs back from touch. Let cool slightly on a baking rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer friendly